Dealing with period of low focus / energy
Like, I assume, everyone else, I have days when I am more focused and motivated and other days when I am less so.
What I have found helpful on the low-focus days is to work through the list of questions below. If a question triggers a response beyond a neutral yes/no then I know I have found something concrete to address in order to improve my focus.
- Local factors
- Did I get enough sleep yesterday?
- Have I been eating enough / healthily?
- Have I been exercising enough?
- Work factors
- Do I know what I am working on?
- Do I know what the concrete next steps are to make progress?
- Do I know what the ultimate vision is?
- Am I convinced that the vision is a thing worth doing? Why or why not?
- Has it been too long since I went on vacation?
- External factors
- Is there something else in my life that I am uncertain or stressed about?
- Are there any decisions I know I need to make, but I’m putting off?
- Are there any conversations I need to have with people that I have been delaying?
- Spiritual factors
- Do I feel like I’m on a good path in life generally?
- Am I adequately expressing gratitude for the things I am grateful for?